Durham’s own New Orleans-inspired parade band. We bring the fun of a street party to you!
check us out on Facebook
Bulltown Strutters is a community parade band, inspired by street band traditions from New Orleans.
We are a community band, inviting new members!!
Bulltown Strutters is a community New Orleans-style brass band with colorful singers, feathered-up costumes, AND stylin strutters. We play butt shaking, smile making, shake and boogie music. We play at private parties, parades, benefits, festivals, liberal political rallies, clubs and senior homes. And, yes we do weddings...unusual weddings only.
Our biggest and most fun gig is Mardi Gras - of course, we love New Orleans. We had a blast leading Durham's 2012 and 2013 Mardi Gras Parade.
We are now starting to plan Mardi Gras on March 4, 2014 - get involved!
We are officially a proud representation of what makes Durham Cool! The 2012-13 Durham Visitors Guide features a photo of The Bulltown Strutters.
You can even see Music Explorium's Put More PLAY In Your Day sticker! We love that Durham loves us!
Upcoming Bulltown Strutters gigs for 2013:
~ Centerfest, Durham - Sunday, Sept 22, 1:00pm on Dance Stage
~ Triangle Gay Pride Parade - Saturday Sept 28, 1pm
~ Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival -October 12, Caberet tent at 1 pm, then leading the parade
and Coffee Barn at 8 pm
So far they have strutted and played:
- 2010 Hillsborough Handmade Parade
- 2010 Durham Holiday Parade
- Duke Student Union Mardi Gras Celebration.
- 2011 Mardi Gras Celebration at Papa Mojos
- 2011 Marry Durham Celebration
- Springfest in Carrboro
- Carver Living Center Sing-a-long
- Beaver Queen Kickoff at Casbah and Pageant
- Fullsteam Beaver Queen Party
- Bullmoon Ride for Habitat for Humanity
- The Depot in Hillsbourgh
- Carrboro Music Festival
- Triangle Gay Pride Parade
- Fullsteam 1st, 2nd AND 3rd Anniversary Parties
- Bull City Open
- 3rd Friday Artwalk in Durham
- Outsiders Art Gallery 2nd Anniversary Party
- Raleigh Christmas Parade
- Parkwood Christmas Parade
- Guglhupf's German Market
- Virante Marketing Corporate Holiday Party
- Durham's Mardi Gras parade and celebration
- Paperhand Puppet's Annual Show
- St Thomas Catholic Church Family Festival
- Centerfest - Durham, 2012,2013
- Shakori Grassroots Festival
- Paperhand Puppet's Summer Show
- Duke University
- Greensboro's Summer Solstice Celebration
- Motorco -
- Lots of private parties, too!
- Yes, we do wild and fun weddings.
Check out BS calendar at https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=bulltownstrutters%40gmail.com for our upcoming gig and practice dates.
As a community band, players do not get paid for playing. We do it for fun! We do expect and appreciate payment for playing, unless we play for a not-for-profit. We use those funds for our band’s needs.
Love Music? Love Parades? Love Parties?
Show the Love.
A new marching band is in the works. Dixieland style.
We want you!!!
We want horns, strings, drums, dancers/strutters,flag twirlers, and of course - costumes.
Contact Blaise at email@example.com